Nimbus Publishing is Atlantic Canada’s largest English-language publisher. Nimbus produces approximately forty new titles a year on a range of subjects relevant to the Atlantic Provinces— children’s picture books and fiction, literary non-fiction, social and cultural history, nature photography, current events, biography, sports, and cultural issues. Nimbus also does distribution for numerous Atlantic publishers, making the company the biggest book distributor on the east coast of Canada.
- We are currently seeking a Sales Representative who will manage customer accounts in Atlantic Canada and will also execute marketing and promotional activities. Reporting to the General Manager, this position will involve assisting with and implementing campaigns for all new books published by Nimbus and its distributed clients.
To support publishing business initiatives for Atlantic Canada’s greatest publishing brands.
• Liaise internally with publishing team to create sales materials and strategy
• Manage sales and returns in the Atlantic Canada region to achieve the greatest economic potential for publisher and accounts,
• Assist with management of book distribution in North America
• Coordinate with publicity team on promotion campaigns and PR/marketing activities
• Plan and manage trade show appearances including setup and preparation
• The ability to quickly understand different book genres and which titles would fit with different markets
• Research and report on publishing industry trends and analyze sales data to support conclusions
• Liaise with publishing partners
• Manage sales appointments including coordinating travel
• Generate sales history reports for accounts, preparing for sales calls, etc.
• Follow-up with accounts for reorders mid-season
• Follow-up on sales leads
• Must have a valid driver’s licence
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Enthusiastic personality with a passion for publishing and books
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
• Experience with Microsoft Suite: proficiency in Excel for reporting
• Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
• Strong writing, analytical, communication and organizational skills
• Self-confident and decisive attitude
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness of Atlantic Canadian content/current events
• Able to communicate effectively to anyone, in any environment and flexible to accept frequent changes and unexpected circumstances
• Passionate and driven about achieving business success
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexibility to work varying hours/days
• Knowledge of HiPoint software would be an asset
Please apply by August 23, 2016 by emailing your cover letter and resume to Terrilee Bulger.