Nimbus Publishing is Atlantic Canada’s largest English-language publisher east of Toronto. Nimbus produces more than thirty new titles a year on a range of subjects relevant to the Atlantic provinces—children’s picture books and fiction, literary non-fiction, social and cultural history, nature photography, current events, biography, sports, and cultural issues. Nimbus also does distribution for numerous Atlantic publishers, making the company the biggest book distributor on the east coast of Canada.
- Updating the website (WordPress), liaising with developers, as well as updating online content
- Managing the in-house flow of information for the external aggregators and partners
- Managing the information flow with distributed publishers and with our distributors to the US market
- Managing metadata for ePubs and Audiobooks through Coresouce
- Assisting with lay-out for promotional material and online advertisements
- Create ePub and ePDF files and upload to aggregators
- App research and development
- Help with media campaigns
- Expand the production of the online newsletter
- Create online promotional items such as book trailers and blog posts
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Experience in XML and CSS
- Photoshop, Acrobat, Word, and Excel experience is required.
- Google Analytics and Adwords knowledge would be an asset
- SEO knowledge
- Database experience
- Social Media experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- WordPress knowledge
- Audio or Video editing skills (preferably knowledge of programs like Final Cut Pro or Avid for video).
- GREP knowledge would be an asset
- InDesign skills would be an asset
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of creativity and the ability to think strategically
- Must be able to work on both Mac and PC environments
Education and experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Experience in the book publishing industry preferred
- Previous online and digital experience would be an asset
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Terrilee Bulger at email@example.com or fax 902-455-5440.