Full-time Publicist in Toronto
Nimbus Publishing is largest English-language publisher east of Toronto. Nimbus produces approximately forty new titles a year on a range of subjects— children’s picture books and fiction, literary non-fiction, social and cultural history, nature photography, current events, biography, sports, and cultural issues. We have published multiple award-winning and bestselling Canadian authors such as Lesley Crewe and Sheree Fitch.
- We are currently seeking a Full-Time Publicist based in Toronto who will work with our team in Halifax to develop, schedule, and execute marketing and promotional activities. Reporting to the General Manager, this position will involve coordinating author tours, social media and implementing campaigns for all new books published by Nimbus.
- Create and implement publicity plans including writing/editing press releases, pitch letters and organizing tours, launches, and readings/events
- Maintain, strengthen and develop media contacts and coordinate media mailings
- Manage brand across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog
- Assist designing promotional material such as postcards, bookmarks, posters and advertisements
- Produce content for web
- Organize book tables and attend conferences and festivals in Canada and occasionally in the US
- Accompany incoming authors at events and media
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Individuals must be extremely organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have a high degree of creativity and the ability to think strategically
- Must be able to work on both Mac and PC environments
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to work from home
- Computer skills include: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Word, and Excel experience required. Experience with Final Cut Pro would be an asset.
Education and experience:
- A post-secondary degree, preferably in marketing or public relations
- Courses or certificate in a publishing program an asset
- Experience in the book publishing industry, particularly children’s publishing, would be considered an asset
- Previous publicity experience would be an asset
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Terrilee Bulger at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 902-455-5440 by Friday, December 9, 2016. No phone calls please.